Obstructive Sleep Apnea OSA And Dental Care Training
Obstructive sleep apnea OSA occurs when the soft tissues in a person’s throat repeatedly collapse and block the airway during sleep. The person makes choking, snorting and gasping sounds when their airways open. As OSA involves the mouth and throat, dentists are often at the forefront of detection and treatment. Many aligner sleep appliance can be worn during sleep to support the lower jaw in a mild forward position, thus moderately reducing obstructive Sleep apnea.
A dentist or orthodontist needs to be through with the techniques and various procedures before advising and performing treatments on patients.
Make oral appliance therapy an integral part of your clinic. Ataii.com can assist you with the training, procurement and expert support for a seamless integration. We have vast experience in this industry and have formed close partnerships with leading dental technicians.
Under the guidance of Dr. Payam Ataii, training is provided throughout the United States covering all the clinical steps, resources, and materials for the dentist to incorporate oral appliance therapy into their dental practice.
Our company strongly believes in preventive dentistry for all generations and enjoys training dentist in modern yet proven techniques and materials so they could further provide a wide range of treatments to their patients in a relaxed environment.
Our Obstructive Sleep apnea OSA program provides:
- Educational extensive training in the field of Obstructive Sleep apnea and dental care
- Clinical materials prepared by industry experts
- Comprehensive ongoing support
- Optimal oral appliance selection
- Foundational knowledge and skills to plan, implement and optimize the treatment
- Operational excellence by applying our process
Our course will teach you:
- The various sleep stages
- Disorders and its causes
- The equipment required to diagnose and treat the patients along with hands-on training in using them. For example, the snore guard is predictable, stable and simple to use and our training process will make you thorough with the process of ‘fitting it in’.
- Lifestyle changes that must be recommended for successful treatment program
- Our seminars and webinars have informed, updated and educated many practitioners on the proper techniques for screening and treating the most common form of sleep apnea which is Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
- Additionally, our continuous research and development in this field will be shared with you regularly
Gone are the days when a dentist waited for a primary care physician to refer a patient for the fitting of an oral appliance to treat obstructive Sleep apnea or snoring. Now a dentist can easily screen and treat these disorders within their own practice after completion of our training programmes.
Once the course is completed, you will have the much-needed confidence and knowledge to take your patients through the process of screening, treating and fitting of an oral appliance that will work best for the patient.
This is a huge opportunity for a dentist to build and maintain a solid practice and reputation in dental sleep medicine. Also, further your knowledge and understanding in treating patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
Contact us to get your career started